Crazy?

I think I am losing my mind.

I was just in the kitchen getting coffee ready for the morning. I glanced up and saw you standing behind me in the reflection in the window. Dropped the coffee pot. Glass and water went everywhere. Of course, you're not here. As I was cleaning up the mess I found your lucky stone. The one you picked up on the beach where we first met. The one you always have in your pocket. You've carried it with you for two decades now. And I find it under the edge of the cabinet. Why don't you have it with you???

We always joked that if one of us 'went' before the other we'd come back. We'd give each other a sign...  Is this your sign? I am so.... stunned? Confused?  Scared. I'm sitting here looking at this little rock - worn smooth and shiny from years and years of your touch.  I KNOW it's the same one. I've never known you not to have it. Even when you had surgery, you had it with you at the hospital.

But here it is.

I just noticed your boots are missing... I am almost certain they were by the door just days ago. After you left... I think. I remember wondering where the mud came from.

Was that before or after you left?

Did Sue put them away???

David, I don't know what's going on. Maybe I am just to the point of exhaustion that I am losing my mind.

I swear it was you behind me.

Where are you?

What the hell is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment