Friday

Dear David,

Another day started without waking up beside you and yet somehow I have managed to get through until now, nearly midnight, without you in my day.
The alarm still goes off at the time you had it set - 5.58 am, in time for the news, but I haven't been getting up and going to work.
I saw the doctor yesterday, begged for some help with sleeping and after deciding that I was exhausted, he wrote the script and a certificate for leave from work.

At least that way, I will still get paid while we work out what to do next.

As for your work, Trevor your boss, called today and offered to cover your absence with your accrued leave so the money is still coming in.

You know, I wondered if you have a bank account I didn't know about, that perhaps you have been squirreling money away just so you can leave, but we always trusted each other, never pried or looked through each others stuff so I have no idea.  I told the police that too, when they asked.

We used to trust each other.

I know the young female officer thought that was a bit odd, but it was true.
You never gave me reason to dig through your things or check your phone or laptop.

There was four plates of food on the table tonight again.

We had a guest.  Katy apparently has a boyfriend and his name is Brian. They turned up together on his motorcycle.  Yes, he rides a motorcycle and has a job at the local McDonald's.
I wasn't sure what to think when he walked in behind her. But, you can tell when he looks at her, he cares for her and even though he looks, at first glance, like he might end up in prison one day , he is actually kind of sweet and has lovely manners, calling me Mrs and even pushing Katy to do the dishes tonight.

Together they have decided to set up a missing person page on Facebook.
Katy seems to have decided that you have definitely been kidnapped by Russian mobsters and all it will take is a social media blitz to find you and get you home.

I really am not sure, but if it keeps her busy then I will let her do it.

She was cross when it was hard to find a decent recent photo of you.  She doesn't understand that some people don't actually like having their every move documented, but we found one that would work and now the search for you has hit cyberspace.

James hasn't been home a lot the last couple of days.   When I ask him where he has been, he tells me that he has been with Blair.
He usually comes in around dinner time though but then disappears up to his room.  He is so quiet about it all.  I am worried about him, but he refuses to talk to me other than telling me he will get your laptop sorted.

So I leave him be.

Today your father called me.   He had heard my messages on the answering machine and after getting no sense from Myrtle, decided to try to find out what was going on from me.

All I could tell him was that you went to work on Tuesday, and you haven't come home.  That you are now a "missing person".
Your mother apparently thinks though that you finally came to your senses and left me.
And that it will be only a matter of time before you call them.

So I said the only thing I could think of.  "When he does, can you ask him to call me too"

Stupid

I knew she didn't think much of me in the beginning but you would have thought 21 years and two grandchildren would have allowed her to like me a little.
God knows I have tried to like her.

Bitch.
I am sorry, I know she is your mother, but...

Gary still hasn't rung me back.  I left him a message...

I am still jumping when the phone rings.  A telemarketer probably thinks I am nuts when I screamed at him to get off the line and then hung up on him.

The electricity bill came today also.  It made me realise that you said you would adjust the time the pool filter ran,  And then I realised that the lawn needs mowing and I have no idea how to even start the mower...

If you don't come back, I will need to sell the house...

Why am I even thinking this?

Of course you are coming back

 I took one of those pills tonight.

 I think it is starting to kick in....














No comments:

Post a Comment