I don't know why...

David,

What a day you've missed... I guess my harassing the police did something. They seem to be moving now. My heart dropped when they knocked on the door.

I just knew they had come to tell me you were dead.

They been able to locate the general area of your phone's signal - or so they say...  It's here - at the house or somewhere in the general vicinity. I don't know how that's even possible. They asked to look around to see if they could find it.  I think they were just being nosy. A few eyebrows were raised at the state of your office - which I have yet to clean up. They asked if anything were missing. James wasn't home and I didn't want them tearing his room up to find the laptop, so I told them no. Technically it's not a lie. It's not missing. It's here.  I didn't want them taking it. I don't know why.  Detective Sommers - he seems to be the boss - noted that all your shoes seem to be here. I told him you traveled for work and often had clothes with you, but he's right. I never gave it much thought, but it does look like you've left with only the clothes on your back. It never occurred to me that every pair of shoes is here... Perfectly lined up.

I gave them Trevor's name as he will know your work schedule more than I do. Also mentioned Gary since he seems to be not talking to me these days. I really don't know anyone else you are with on a daily basis. I am beginning to realize how much I really don't know about what you do when you leave the house.

It's a bit terrifying.

Katy is more convinced than ever that you've been swooped up by gangsters - or aliens - or drag queens - and carted off to come deep dark dungeons somewhere being held for ransom or some such. Hell, I don't know. She's got her little Facebook project going. I'm just letting her run with it.  It keeps her busy and distracted.  Maybe it will even help.  It can't hurt.  Right? (I didn't tell the officers about that either. I don't know why, but I was afraid they'd tell us not to do it.  Maybe I should have...)

I guess I should call your parents. That's a call I don't want to make. I'm sure, at least according to your mother, this - whatever this is - is all my fault.

I need to pay the bills. And sort out the damned pool...  And the lawn.

I really wish you'd come home.  This is all just too much.

Maybe I will just look for your phone. I've looked everywhere. It can't be here. I've looked. I don't know where it would be if it were.

Please, David, just come home.

I don't even care why you left.

I just need you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment