Gary

David,

It has been so long since I spent any time in the garden that I had forgotten how much I enjoyed getting down and digging in the dirt.
But I am feeling it now, the morning after spending the better part of an afternoon clearing the weeds and pruning the roses.

For the first time in nearly a week, I fell asleep as soon as I got into bed.
Seems a bit of hard labour and a lovely little white pill combine beautifully to help me drift off to sleep, although the dreams, oh my God, I don't think I have ever dreamed so vividly as I did last night.

My tired brain, decided to solve the problem of where you are.

It was so ridiculous I couldn't help but laugh as in my dream I watched you kidnapped by Drag Queens who shoved you into a pink, rhinestone bedazzled Hummer and drove off to the soundtrack of Madonna and Kylie.
Oh it came complete with a YouTube ransom note, you in a pair of tighty whities, bunny ears jammed on your head and your hands tied with a pink feather boa.
And just before it finished, up pops Felicia, complete with a diamond tiara still with the Tiffany tag dangling lip syncing to "I will Survive".

 That will teach me to fall asleep with "Priscilla" still playing on the TV.

It was a bit of a shock to find your phone in the garden.
At least I think it is your phone.  Looks like yours anyway.

The screen is smashed and it was completely dead, but I plugged it in to charge last night and hopefully this morning I can get it to turn on.

I had planned to try to sort it last night, but things kinda exploded.

Gary came over, finally.  He had been away, apparently, and turned up on the door step, with a bottle of wine.
I didn't realise until I let him in that he had had a few before he came over.
One minute we are sitting down, and he is asking me questions and being all supportive and sympathetic, just like you would think an old friend would be, and the next minute he has his hand up my shirt and is trying to climb on top of me.

Gary, the best man at our wedding.  Your friend from high school, has got his hands all over me.
So I screamed.  I couldn't believe what was happening.
Next thing I know, both Brian and James are yelling and hauling him off me throwing him on the floor.

James just explodes.
It was terrifying.  His anger.
Brian grabs James, and then shoves Gary towards the front door, telling him to "Fuck off and don't come back"

I was in complete shock.  I heard Gary's car start up and reverse quickly out the drive as I locked the door.
By the time I had turned around, James had disappeared up to his room and had shut his door.

Brian was hugging an upset Katy, so I just went to the kitchen, took my sleeping tablet and went to bed.

Tomorrow I go back to work.  It all feels surreal.  I have no idea what I will say to everybody.
Today though, I have my list.
The phone,
My daily call to Jacob,
And there was a message from a Billie Paulson, I think she is from the paper, or maybe it was one of those current affairs shows, not sure but I guess I will find out when she turns up this morning.

Time to shower and get moving.
James was planning on taking the laptop over to Blair's house today.  Two super geeks are always better than one and your password is proving a tough nut to crack.








1 comment:

  1. The phone was in the garden? Very suspicious... I'm starting to like David's chances less & less.

    ReplyDelete