Down in Flames

I'm taking the kids out of town for the weekend. We'd have to stay in a hotel anyway, so might as well get away for a bit.

All hell has broken loose.

The house caught fire last night.  Thank goodness we were all away when it happened. They don't know the cause of it yet, of course, but with everything else that's gone on this month, I can't help but to imagine the worst.

I don't understand why you made hotel reservations without telling me about it.  But then again, I don't know why you disappeared.  James showed me a lot of other stuff on the laptop.  Seems you were researching  a whole bunch of crap that makes absolutely no sense. I can't say I understand any of it - and there's a lot of it... Or how you managed to send a text message from your phone after you left when I found your phone - smashed - here in the yard.  I just don't understand.

The house is a complete disaster.  What isn't burnt is either soaking wet or covered in soot and smoke.  I don't know what we will be able to salvage, if anything. It's like my whole world has been yanked out from under me in a matter of weeks.

I'm going to pick the kids up in a little bit and we'll take the weekend away and try to regroup.  I don't know where to go from here. Your parents told me to stop by before I got the kids.  They want to talk.  This is one I am not looking forward to.  As long as they don't dump anything else in my lap, I really just don't care at this point.  What point IS there in caring right now?  I can't see much.

They're not releasing your body til all the test results get back, so there's no point in even worrying about a funeral in the middle of all this other stuff.

I don't even know if you will have a funeral...

I sure hope the house insurance is paid up.

I don't dare ask what next....  I'm afraid on what the answer might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment